Underfloor Heating Ipswich
Welcome To Clearwater Plumbing & Heating your local Underfloor Heating specialists. We off a range of Underfloor Heating services to the residents of Ipswich, which include
- Wet & Electric Systems
Underfloor Heating Advantages
- Heat rises from the ground up, so the entire floor and room is warm
- Heat distribution is even throughout each room, more even than traditional radiators
- Maintains a consistent temperature
- More energy efficient than standard radiators, with less energy required to heat a room
- Once the floors warm it stays warm for many hours even after the Heating switched off
- Lower energy bills and lower carbon footprint
- Most working parts are safe underground where they’re highly unlikely to get damaged
- Warm floors feel nice and comfortable especially in the coldest of weather
- Adds value to your property
- Wet and Electric systems available
Wet System Underfloor Heating
Wet system Underfloor Heating uses hot water (heated by your Boiler) that’s pumped around a series of pipe that runs under the floor. Pipes are fitted in conjunction with some form of insulation such as Celotex, screed, insulated boards or aluminium plates, what’s used will depend on your floor. The pipes heat the insulation which heats your room. Wet System Underfloor Heating is highly energy-efficient but more involved and more expensive to fit than Electrical System Underfloor Heating.
Electric System Underfloor Heating
Electric System Underfloor Heating uses powered cables that run under the floor and are connected to the electrical supply. Once switched on the cables warm and heat the room. Electric systems are available preset on mats (different thicknesses available depending on floor type)which are rolled across the floor or as loose electrical cable. Electric System Underfloor Heating is cheaper and easier to install than Wet System but more expensive to run.
Underfloor Heating is ideal for new build homes and extensions. There are various options for fitting Underfloor Heating into existing properties. The best option will depend on your property, heating system and budget, whatever the case there’s an ideal system for everyone’s home and budget. Our Gas Safe Registered engineers have fitted many Underfloor Heating systems in Ipswich over the years and are available to visit your home to undertake a free survey and write a free no-obligation quote.
If your one of the homeowners in Ipswich that has an existing Underfloor Heating system we can undertake annual checks to make sure everything’s in good working order. A good time is during Boiler servicing. We’ll check the manifold, joints, seals and valves. Connections can and do come loose. Loose connections are tightened.
We do all Underfloor Heating repairs. Underfloor Heating will give you years of trouble-free service. However old systems may need parts replaced such as the pump or motorised valves. Repairs are usually straight forward as these parts are above ground. We can also perform repairs under the floor should you ever accidentally damage a pipe.
Contact Us for more information on our Underfloor Heating services.