Our Gas Safe Registered Engineers service Boilers in Tilbury.
Servicing once a year is the best way to look after your Boiler, allowing optimal energy efficiency while reducing the chances of breaking down.
- Gas, Electric and Oil Boilers
- Combination, System & Regular Boilers
- All Makes Of Boiler
Boiler Servicing Procedure
All Boiler servicing’s undertaken to a set procedure outlined by the boiler manufacturer. All parts of the Boiler’s covered to ensure an effective service.
Here’s an example of a typical Boiler service undertaken by Clearwater Plumbing & Heating
- The engineer turns up at the agreed time and presents the required Gas Safe ID, so you know you’re using an experienced, legal engineer.
- The casing’s inspected on the outside for signs of rust or corrosion. The case is then removed and inspected on the inside before being cleaned.
- Corroded Boiler casing’s a sign of a leak if we find rust we’ll locate the leak. Minor repairs can be done to damaged cases if necessary. Badly corroded cases may require replacing.
- All the seals and pipework are checked for corrosion, tightness and leaking. Loose connections are tightened, so any leaking ceases.
- The pressures checked and monitored, a pressure that continuously drops will cause the Boiler to switch off regularly. Falling pressure is a sign of a blockage somewhere in the system. The engineer will locate any blockages.
- All the parts inside the Boiler are cleaned. Clean parts work better, and they allow the engineer to conduct the necessary tests with accuracy.
- The gas burners thoroughly cleaned. Afterwards, the gas burner pressures checked and adjusted to the optimal level as dictated by the Boiler manufacturer.
- A gas meter is utilised for a gas rate check, ensuring your Boilers burn the correct volume of gas.
- Next, we check the oxygen, carbon monoxide, and dioxide rates with a flue gas analyser. This test ensures the Boilers running efficiently and doesn’t pose a carbon monoxide risk.
- Boilers must receive ten cubic meters of air for every cubic meter of gas burned. We check the ventilation to ensure your Boilers getting the required amount of air.
- Boilers feature safety devices and relief valves to prevent damage to the Boiler in the event of the fault. All safety devices are checked and tested for correct function.
- The flues checked and tested to ensure that all the waste gasses are expelled safely while efficiently retaining heat. The flue’s adjusted accordingly to achieve this.
- The Boiler and surrounding pipeworks are gone over with a gas leak detector to make sure there’s no leaking gas.
- The case is refitted, and the Boiler’s switched on. Our engineer will ensure your Boilers running correctly and check the radiators are heating up.
- If necessary, the radiators are bled and the valves adjusted, so you have optimal heat output.
- Our engineer will write you an official service record. Keep the record as it validates home breakdown insurance and Boiler warranties.
Contact Us Today to book your Boiler service.